United Way has seasonal volunteer needs that you may inquire about. We also accept 1-3 college interns per year. Call 815-932-7476 or email email@example.com
Several of our partner agencies have ongoing volunteer needs:
Center of Hope Food Pantry: 395 N Schuyler Ave, Kankakee
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at 815-937-4277
Catholic Charities: 249 S Schuyler Ave, Kankakee.
- Ombudsman Program: Be an advocate and companion for senior citizens who are in long-term nursing care facilities
- Money Management Program: Assist senior citizens with the basic tasks of managing their monthly bills and expenses.
- Other special events: Catholic Charities hosts many other events and programs to benefit the community.
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at 815-933-7791
Kankakee County Community Services, Inc: 657 E Court St. Kankakee
- Club Boomer Volunteers: A program that provide social activities for senior citizens. Volunteers are needed to help run games, crafts, bingo, classes, etc.
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at 815-933-7883
Options Center for Independent Living: 22 Heritage Drive #107, Bourbonnais
- Assist individuals with all types of disabilities, helping them stay as independent as possible. If you are handy and able to help build wheelchair ramps or other similar devices, options may be able to use your help!
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at 815-936-0100
Kankakee County Center Against Sexual Assault (KC-CASA). 1440 W Court St, Kankakee
- Sexual Assault Hotline: Volunteer to be on-call with the sexual assault hotline. Volunteers are required to go through a training with KC-CASA.
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at 815-932-7273
Salvation Army: 148 N Harrison Ave, Kankakee
- Community Thanksgiving Meal: Volunteers are usually needed to assist with this event.
- Christmas toys for children and food baskets: This is a huge effort each year that typically begins at the end of November. Call early to get involved.
- Red Kettle Drive: Salvation Army usually hires individuals from the community to ring bells for the Red Kettle Drive.
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at 815-933-8421
Child Network: 171 N West Ave #1, Bradley
- CASA Volunteers: Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) must go through a training with Child Network in order to volunteer. You will be assigned to a foster child who is in the court system, and you will be their advocate until the case is closed.
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at 815-936-7172
KCC Alive Literacy & Baby Talk: Call to inquire about volunteer opportunities 815-802-8100
- Alive: Assist adults with improving their reading and literacy skills.
- Baby Talk: Visit the local hospitals and give books to parents who just had a baby. Also provide information on programs available for young children in the community.
- Please call to inquire about volunteering at 815-802-8100